Our warranty was designed for our customer(s) to protect the value of their purchase.
MATERIAL & WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY
- Every product manufactured by NEXEN TIRE bearing our trademark and serial number is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the initial warranty period - defined as the first 2/32" of original usable tread depth or occurring within 3 months from the period of purchase whichever comes first, as documented by the tire Sales Invoice (SI). Under this warranty, the defective tire shall be replaced free of charge for the user. The cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges including applicable taxes however shall be payable by the end user. After the initial warranty period, if the product manufactured by NEXEN TIRE become unusable due to workmanship and material defects, the user must pay the replacement cost of a comparable new product manufactured by NEXEN TIRE on a pro-rated basis. The valuation of the replacement NEXEN TIRE will be determined the percentage of the usable tread depth. The end user must pay for any associated service charges including mounting and balancing of the tire.
OUT-OF-ROUND OR OUT-OF-RANGE
- Adjustment will be replaced only during the first 1/32" of the original tread depth. This adjustment is applicable only in condition of proper mounting, balance, air pressure of the tire at the time of first purchase.
- If, before wearing down to 2/32" of tread depth remaining (worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves), this warranty becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacture's control, the maximum period of the NEXEN TIRE warranty shall only be Six (6) years from the date of manufacture (DOT).
- Damage due to Under Inflation, Over Inflation, Overloading and/or Over Speeding.
- Incorrect application of recommended tire size, load index and speed rating.
- Ride complaints after the first 0.8mm (1/32") of tread or replacement of 3 or more tires from the same vehicle will not be accepted.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical deficiencies or failure to rotate the tires at recommended intervals.
- Water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting or failure to balance the tire(s).
- Improper repair or repairs not conforming with the rubber Manufacturers Association Standards or with section repair(s) or repair(s) made with self-vulcanizing plug only.
- Tire(s) recapped, retreaded, regrooved or altered.
- Tire was used in car racing or in vehicles driven at excessive speed (Except Semi-Racing Pattern).
- Abuse, misuse or tire alteration.
- Damage due to wheel suspension, cuts, snags, punctures, bruises and defective braking system.
- Damage due to obstructions on the vehicle such as shoulder or sidewall injury.
- Tire(s) were run flat.
- Tire(s) with D.O.T. mark, identification number and/or brand name removed intentionally.
- Tire(s) worn beyond tread wear indicator (2/32" tread depth remaining)
- Tire(s) damaged by accident, fire, chemical corrosion, tire alteration or vandalism.
- At the time of purchase, the tire(s) must be properly installed with proper air pressure and the wheels balanced.
- Every 9,600 km, the tire(s) should be rotated and the air pressure and wheel alignment properly checked.
- Any tire(s) needing adjustment must be properly presented and returned to Nexen Distribution Philippines Inc. (NDPI)
- Customer must pay for costs relating to mounting, balancing and any other service charges including applicable taxes.
HOW TO CLAIM WARRANTY
- Warranty claims for the product(s) deemed to be defective must be presented to Nexen Distribution Philippines Inc. (NDPI) Head Office, only if such item has been originally purchased there from.
- Each claim must be made with proper documentation.
- The tire is considered defective if it fails to perform the functions as indicated in Warranty Inclusions.
- The NEXEN Tire covered by this warranty should pass verification procedures with proper documentation.
- The warranty claim should not exceed beyond 6 years from the date of manufacture (DOT).
- Exchanges and/or returns shall be permissible only if the tire damage or defect was due by the manufacture's material or workmanship failure.
- If the tire failure or damage is due to customer's negligence, fault or misuse, Nexen Distribution Philippines Inc. (NDPI) shall not be held liable for its replacement or refund.
TIRE CARE & IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDERS:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF TIRE FAILURE WHICH CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS DAMAGE AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY, WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING:
- Wheel alignment and balancing should be checked at regular intervals.
- Maintain proper inflation pressure. Do not use under inflation or over inflation pressure at the level recommended by the vehicle manufacturers.
- The maximum load-carrying capacity is moulded on the sidewall of the tire.
- Do not spin your tires excessively and avoid driving over potholes, obstacles, and edges of pavement.
- Never drive on smooth (bald) tires. By law, tires must be replaced when 3mm - 4mm of tread depth remained.
- Check your tires frequently for scrapes, cuts, separations or bulges. Do not attempt to mount or dismount a tire by yourself. Replace tire(s) with spare and see Nexen Distribution Philippines Inc. (NDPI) where tire(s) originally purchased.
- Do not drive in excess of speed limits allowed by law or maximum speed justified by driving conditions.
- To achieve proper even wear and gain maximum tread life, tire rotation at regular intervals is required.
NOTE: For more further information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service or visit our head office indicated below:
Nexen Distribution Philippines, Inc. (NDPI)
#18 Sta. Rosa St,. Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City, Philippines 1603
Telephone Number: 8-632-9943
Mobile Number: (Smart) 0998-869-9328 or (Globe) 0917-796-5462